Hood scoop streaking/powder? Is this normal?

This is a discussion on Hood scoop streaking/powder? Is this normal? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; There is some sort of powder coming up through my hood scoop and streaking up my hood. I can just ...

Hood scoop streaking/powder? Is this normal?

There is some sort of powder coming up through my hood scoop and streaking up my hood. I can just wipe it away but I want to know what is causing it. Do I need to do something about this? Bought her used and she's always done this but I have a warranty. Do I need to change a filter or something?

Ps. anyone know a good way to get a whole bunch of dead bugs off a WRX ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wwwWRX View Post
    There is some sort of powder coming up through my hood scoop and streaking up my hood. I can just wipe it away but I want to know what is causing it. Do I need to do something about this? Bought her used and she's always done this but I have a warranty. Do I need to change a filter or something?

Ps. anyone know a good way to get a whole bunch of dead bugs off a WRX ?

Looks like condensation from morning dew or a marine layer, do you live on the coast?

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

Sort of, I live in Newark ATM (so relatively close to the ocean but its not like you can smell it or anything) and I do 90% of my driving on the Parkway/NJ Turnpike to my job in Princeton. There is plenty of other crap in the air here in NJ especially in the Carteret/Newark Airport area with all the refineries and crap along the Turnpike.

Lemmie get this straight though...Your saying that the dirt in the water on my car in the morning is left behind as my car heats up and the water evaporates, and that the residue is left behind in streaks because the water is collecting on/clinging to my hood scoop as I rip down the highway?

I get the same exact thing on my roof from my wind shield trim when I'm in san diego from the fog or any moisture heavy enough to collect on the surface. Then when I drive they collect into bigger drops and then they streak from the movement of driving

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX