Pulley and Suspension
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pulley and Suspension within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I have a 2003 Bugeye WRX and my pulleys and tensioners are pretty old and worn out. I ...

Pulley and Suspension

Hey everyone, I have a 2003 Bugeye WRX and my pulleys and tensioners are pretty old and worn out. I was tightening the tension on the ac pulley and it snapped where the tension-er and pulley meet. I was wondering where I could buy a pulley set online and what kind, or if anyone knew where i could buy the tensioner/bracket thing(not too sure what its called). I'm also trying to find a site where i can buy ABX Gr2's and some springs, preferably eibach or pro drive? maybe even teins? If anyone knows a good site for these items, it'll help me a lot, thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

try out JSC Speed. they have a and open list of parts that may help you get what you want.

i recently purchased the Gates Timing belt kit, and it came with everything. if you getting close the 104,000 miles mark, its suggested through the maintenance period to check and/or replace any worn parts.

the kit comes complete with everything... water pump, tensioner pulley, all pullies, and bearings. and water pump.
    what i bought separately from the dealership was coolant, and the thermostat and gasket. and some invested time to do it all.

im not sure how fast you need it. i hope this helps.
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

Thanks, that helped a lot! what else would you recommend buying and replacing while in im there anyway. Planning to pay for labor because im not that mechanically inclined lol. would i need to replace shifter bushings? which gasket did you buy from the dealership? i'm trying to get things finished sooner than later, since i tend to lag if i dont do it immediately. Its taking some time to look for a good mechanic in the bay area lol. any place to get the ABX GR2 as a package deal? or is it more common to get one strut at a time?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeDude87 View Post
    Thanks, that helped a lot! what else would you recommend buying and replacing while in im there anyway.
    If you are only doing accessory belts, do the pulley and tensioner and use only authentic Subaru belts. If you are doing the timing belt also, do the timing belt, all pulleys, the tensioner, the water pump, the thermostat, the four cam seals, and the crank seal. Gates kits are great but only use authentic Subaru water pump gasket, thermostat gasket, and coolant.

any place to get the ABX GR2 as a package deal?
    The Japanese company called "Kayaba" makes suspension components. They are sometimes abbreviated "KYB" for reasons I can't begin to imagine (I don't do that sort of thing, it's just not done...). Anyway, they make the OEM struts on the McPhersons used in the Impreza, and they also make the GR2 models that are a bit stiffer, and the AGX adjustables. Are they whom you are referring to?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

well i just picked up the gates kit...i dont think i want to just cancel my order. should be fine for a daily driver right?? i just need to pick up a thermostat and gasket and a couple of seals?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeDude87 View Post
    well i just picked up the gates kit...i dont think i want to just cancel my order. should be fine for a daily driver right??
    It's a great kit. I do not like their thermostat gasket or their water pump gasket though. The pump itself is fine, as are the rollers and tensioner and belt.

i just need to pick up a thermostat and gasket and a couple of seals?
    Go to a Subaru dealer and get the following:
    Thermostat
    Thermostat gasket
    Water pump gasket
    2 gallons super coolant (premixed)
    Coolant conditioner
    If you are doing the accessory belts (A/C and steering) get those two belts also
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It's a great kit. I do not like their thermostat gasket or their water pump gasket though. The pump itself is fine, as are the rollers and tensioner and belt.

Go to a Subaru dealer and get the following:
    Thermostat
    Thermostat gasket
    Water pump gasket
    2 gallons super coolant (premixed)
    Coolant conditioner
    If you are doing the accessory belts (A/C and steering) get those two belts also
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.