RON 91 gas on a wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RON 91 gas on a wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can this work on a stock car. I have been reading some other posts but I am not quite sure ...

RON 91 gas on a wrx

Can this work on a stock car. I have been reading some other posts but I am not quite sure if they are talking about RON or PON

Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan (2002)
    wrx mpg- what's everyone averaging? - NASIOC
    91 octane !!!!! its what i only have - Subaru WRX Forum: WRX Forums
    How many mpg on 91 octane with/without tunes?

Can Super (92 RON) work on a Singapore 02 WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In general should be using the highest rated RON available in your turbo Subaru. Is 96 or higher RON available in Singapore?

The websites you linked to are US based. The US uses the AKI standard, which is different than the RON standard.
    Please read post number 8 in this thread to see the conversions.
    Japan Octane Ratings

The computer (ECU) is tuned from the factory to run on 96 RON or 91 AKI.

Well inside my fuel lid cover it says "unleaded Super only"

Is 96, 97 or 98 RON available in Singapore?

If not then I suggest getting the car tuned to run on 92RON. Running 92RON in a car tuned for 96+ will make the engine knock, and over time will lead to engine failure.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.