Rough idle, stalling,

This is a discussion on Rough idle, stalling, within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Greetings, I'm having some serious problems with my ride, and I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction, ...

Rough idle, stalling,

Greetings,

I'm having some serious problems with my ride, and I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction, here's the info on my ride:
    -02 WRX Sedan, about 128k miles
    -Vehicle is completely stock except for a Fujita intake installed about 3 years ago
    -Always use 93 octane fuel

About 6 weeks ago, started up the car and noticed it was idling a little rough. Started driving, idling got worse and worse. Then the car would not accelerate, the CEL was intermittently blinking, and finally, the car would not idle at all. I could start it back up, but it just wouldn't idle.

Took to a Subaru dealer, and they said there were no fault codes stored even tho I saw the CEL blinking. They changed the plugs, fuel filter, and sent me on my way.

One week later, exact same problem & symptoms, only I noticed a smell of raw fuel under the hood. Took to another Subaru dealer who also said there were no fault codes stored. They swapped the positions of the coils, and sent me on my way.

Car just did the same thing again a week ago. Took back to the 1st dealer who now wants to replace the coils, saying they still can't find any fault codes, and are hoping that replacing the coils will fix the issue.

I'm not too keen on the idea of blindly replacing parts in car until the issue is gone. Does anyone have any ideas what the hell is going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My car was stalling and then it wouldn't start...I replaced the crank position sensor ($60) and it fixed all my problems. I can't say for sure that's your problem but it's a cheap start!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide