boost problem

This is a discussion on boost problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well not sure if i have a boost leak or what but car just feels slow. I looked at all ...

boost problem

well not sure if i have a boost leak or what but car just feels slow. I looked at all lines and they seem fine.

Still new to this car so not sure what else to look for. however, i did find below. is this a mbc? if so, how do i adjust? also where is the boost solenoid located??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What is your current max boost level under high load in a high gear?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thats a manual boost controller solenoid. More than likely if you follow one of the lines from that boost controller, its going to your solenoid because its mounded right behind it. If you take off that bracket, you can actually see it better.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    Like mentioned above,the boost solenoid should be mounted to the black plate in your picture. See that blue connector next to the thing you questioned? Should go to the BCS. Also it looks like that is not a MBC,but an ABC. Me thinks your car has a Utec. Feeling your car is slow and knowing your car is slow is two different things. If it is actually slower than it normally is turning up the boost would be the last thing to do. Could very well be a problem causing poor performance.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Like mentioned above,the boost solenoid should be mounted to the black plate in your picture. See that blue connector next to the thing you questioned? Should go to the BCS. Also it looks like that is not a MBC,but an ABC. Me thinks your car has a Utec. Feeling your car is slow and knowing your car is slow is two different things. If it is actually slower than it normally is turning up the boost would be the last thing to do. Could very well be a problem causing poor performance.
    yes, car has utec. this all started after removing ic to replace tranny fluid. Car runs fine but when i'm near 3.5k rpms i dont feel that kick come on. (turbo is vf34) I also get the overboot cel once in a while. I just don't enough to diagnose.

I also have a srt-4 and check for boost leaks every few months but that is so much easier to work on.

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't have to remove the IC to replace the gear oil. Since you did, you may have simply introduced a boost leak. I'd start looking there first before messing with boost settings.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.