Brakes wearing very unevenly on a Honda civic

This is a discussion on Brakes wearing very unevenly on a Honda civic within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know that this is not a Honda forum but I trust all of will hopefully be able to help ...

Brakes wearing very unevenly on a Honda civic

I know that this is not a Honda forum but I trust all of will hopefully be able to help me out.

My wife drives a 2010 Honda civic LX. Recently, there has been metallic vibration coming from the left front wheel. I pulled the left wheel off and found that the inside brake pad had worn down to almost metal, while there was at least half of the outside brake pad still left. The right side pads and the rear pads are almost evenly worn. The car has 17000 miles.

Anyone ever heard of this? Is it possible that the caliper is not actuating evenly on the rotor and causing this uneven wear? I feel like this is certainly something that should be covered under warranty if the caliper is not working correctly.

Thanks in advance for the help and please excuse the non-Subaru post!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes possible IMO; suspect hardware binding. Remove and replace pads on both wheels up front, lube the slides and pins correctly, and try again I suppose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.