Code P1008 in the rain

This is a discussion on Code P1008 in the rain within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Folks, My daily driver, 02 WRX with cat back done by the dealer, longer before I bought the car ...

Code P1008 in the rain

Hi Folks,
    My daily driver, 02 WRX with cat back done by the dealer, longer before I bought the car in 05. Now about 104 K miles, with timing belt at 96K.

The last 2 times that I have driven in heavy rains I received a P1008 CEL,
    for Tumble generator valve #1 (RH) position sensor circuit low input.
    As much as I have researched and looked under the hood, I can't find
    this part to better protect it from the rain, which is the obvious problem,
    I suppose.

Last night, coming home from Philly last night (after seeing my 2nd Grandson!) in periods of heavy (gully washer) downpours, and my wife said that water was dripping like a "leaky faucet" on her feet. I did have the defrosters on,
    but that shouldn't cause a leak in the car as well. All help is greatly appreciated.
    regards,
    Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the grand kids.

The defroster engages the A/C whether the A/C switch is on or not. At the passenger footwell the water may indicate a missing or clogged or damaged drain. The exit tube is visible in the engine compartment exiting the firewall near the down pipe.

As for the CEL the valves do cause problems but this sounds electric. Search for tumble valve delete threads to see pictures of the area and check that wiring. I am not suggesting deletion, but the threads will have pictured of the wiring for you to see.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You need to find out where the leak is coming from inside the car. If there is water on her feet than that means there might be water on the ECU, which could cause any number of problems. But as said I would recommend a water test first to locate the area of the leak...If its leaking on her feet I would find it hard to believe that a clogged Evaporator water drain would be the cause, but as mentioned nonetheless start with the easiest first...