Gates Timing belt and idle question

This is a discussion on Gates Timing belt and idle question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm needing to change the T-belt but noticed a few part numbers for the kit (water pump, belt, etc) and ...

Gates Timing belt and idle question

I'm needing to change the T-belt but noticed a few part numbers for the kit (water pump, belt, etc) and wanted to know which one's you guys go with. 2006 wrx. Is it worth it for the more expensive blue belt?

Second, I noticed that when i get off the gas, my idles stays elevated, 1500 rpm, for about 5 to 10 seconds, then goes back to normal. Is this a problem or normal operation? I hand't noticed it before.
    Last edited by zore; 08-13-2011 at 06:33 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You would want to buy this particular kit: Gates 04-08 Subaru 2.0L & 2.5L Stock Replacement Timing Belt Kit [TCK328] - $339.58 : Kronos Performance, Leading since 6th Century BC

As far as the blue belt, I would imagine that its necessary if you're running a high performance, high stress motor. If you're like most street cars, then its not needed.

Try cleaning your MAF sensor...you don't have an IACV or Throttle Body cables so that kind of rules it out.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    Instead of the blue belt get the regular kit with hhe black belt, the pump, and the rollers but also spent the money to get:

1. An authentic Subaru water pump gasket and authentic Subaru thermostat gasket.
    2. An authentic Subaru thermostat.
    3. Emory paper, fine. The Gates stuff may have slight burs on the surfaces that contact the belt and if so you will want to smooth them out.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry forgot to mention that I would get two gallons of the new blue premixed Subaru coolant and one small vial of conditioner.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.