p0244 code! help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on p0244 code! help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey all. i have a 2007 subaru wrx. i have a invidia full turbo back exhaust and the cobb ap. ...

p0244 code! help

hey all. i have a 2007 subaru wrx. i have a invidia full turbo back exhaust and the cobb ap. after installed car was running fine for the first day, boosting at the target 16 psi with the stage 2 tune. after a day or 2 of driving i started boosting at 21 psi and threw the code p0244. i read that buy using the fuel economy mode i should be boosting at roughly 5 to 7 psi and im boosting at 16 or 17 psi under that tune. i read that by replacing the hose from the turbo to the t fitting and buying a bored out resignator pill should help fix the problem. was just wondering if after i do this and im still overboosting this much is there is any thing else i can do to fix the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was having somewhat the dame problem. What kind of tune do you have? What worked for me was to lower the WGDC also when I did put the other restrictor in a iwas not boosting enough good luck.

i am using cobbs stage 2 tune 93 octane gas and how do you lower the WGDC and what exactly is that?

COBB Tuning . Subaru WRX AccessPORT . Map Listing

Wastegate duty cycle. You can change maps to make sure you're not exceeding boost, or under boosting. Make sure you're doing an actual reflash and not a real-time flash. I've heard that can cause problems
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

Ok how do I adjust my wastegate duty cycle

Reflash your ECU with the appropriate map from the link I posted.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

I don't see any link and what map do I want to use

pick your car year, and read what best suits your situation. make sure you read the map notes.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

i read the map notes and the only tune that would work is the one i already have on my car. i have the 93 stage 2 on it because i have a stock intake. are there more maps somewhere else other than the few listed after clicking on my year car

the page where you get the maps has the explanation of wastegate duty cycles

there is normal, HWG, and LWG.

normal = car reaching target boost
    HWG = car not reaching target boost
    LWG = car exceeding target boost
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

i notcied on the stage 2 map it says use with a turboback exhaust with a high flow cat but my downpipe is cattless. do they make a map to suit the fact my downpipe is cattless?

as far as i know, all the cobb maps are for catted DP's.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

seriously i thought you could run the accessport with a cattless exhaust system. if not then this really sucks

it doesn't say you can't. try a different wastegate duty map. if that doesn't help, post over at cobbforums.com. they are really good about helping people out.
    -Stink-Eye Mob #5085 -

ok and one more question sorry about all this but im having trouble finding the wastegate maps. i click my year car and i see the base maps but no lwg or hwg map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast