Raising your car
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raising your car within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have till now been driving up Rhino ramps to raise the front end of the car.Recently after putting on ...

I Support ClubWRX

Raising your car

I have till now been driving up Rhino ramps to raise the front end of the car.Recently after putting on a front lip I found that this is no longer possible.Also the jack that I have isn't a low profile one & I wasn't able to raise the front with it even without the lip.

I looked into some low profile ramps but they are too expensive.Amazon.com: Race-R Low Profile Sports Car Ramps: Automotive

Another option is to get a low profile jack which is also expensive.And seems like a waste of money to me just to raise the front since I can still raise the rear with my existing jack.

I found a cheap way of doing this is with mini ramps Amazon.com: Pair of Plastic 4,400lb capacity Mini Car Ramps: Automotive Can I use these to raise the car a bit so that a ordinary hydraulic jack would get to the jack point?Has anybody done this?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its a shame youre not a lil bit closer...I have a low profile jack i could sell you for cheap, but between tolls/gas or shipping, it would prob end up being around the same price...If youre ever near the philly area and still looking, lemme know lol. Sorry I cant assist you on your ?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Great,now you tell me I was in Philly a couple of weeks ago.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Haha, you should have posted sooner :P
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Tony, no joke I have a cheap compact jack I got from auto zone like 7 years ago when I had a nissan, it was i think 50 bucks and I used it when I did my Front Lip. Weight rating 4k. perfect for our cars, Like I said I bought it a few years back but the thing is small but works.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Harbor Freight had a deal a few weeks ago on a 1.5ton low-profile aluminum jack for $55. I was considering it, but it's really hard to tell if those low profile jacks will get under there...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX
    Harbor Freight had a deal a few weeks ago on a 1.5ton low-profile aluminum jack for $55. I was considering it, but it's really hard to tell if those low profile jacks will get under there...
    What color? If it was orange, probably not; the one I have gets caught on the bumper by the jack arm. The blue ones seem to be fine.

That said, I prefer to use ramps if I'm working under the car, if feasible, and only use that jack for changing wheels/tires.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I picked that one up myself. It fits easily under my car, and my car is lowered a bit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Will,can you please post a link of exactly which Jack you got?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Rapid Pump® 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack

i also know that the jack that comes with the car will fit. but honestly, that's just a pain to use.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks a lot.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr
    Rapid Pump® 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack

i also know that the jack that comes with the car will fit. but honestly, that's just a pain to use.
    How can Pittsburgh trademark "Rapid Pump"?! I thought that was already trademarked by mango
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I found this at Sears for 50.99.

Last day of sale is today.Anyone have this?

My present jack is from Sears & I'm not too crazy about it.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Screw some 2x6s together like this.

0I0000
    0I00000000I00
    0I00000000I00000000000000

Does that make any sense ? Like steps for your ride. Will buy ya 4.5"

---Joe---

I Support ClubWRX
    I actually thought about that.Like this?

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.