noob mistake while changing steering bushings....

This is a discussion on noob mistake while changing steering bushings.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed white line steering bushing on my car with no problem at all. During the install I thought it ...

noob mistake while changing steering bushings....

I installed white line steering bushing on my car with no problem at all. During the install I thought it was entertaining to spin the steering wheel around and around freely while it was detached from the steering rack. Meanwhile I ripped the cruise control, horn and airbag wires. Does anyone know the name of the part I need to change out? Is it the steering wheel/column wiring harness?

On top of my stupid mistake, last Sunday while autocrossing my clock and radio lost all power. I have checked fuses and they don't seem to be the issue. I'm confused about whether or not me shredding wires in the steering column is a related issue to my power problems to the cd player and clock.

Im totally lost on this issue and any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Randy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year and model is the car?
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

2004 WRX sedan.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's called a clock spring.

thank you