high idle

This is a discussion on high idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i decided to change my tranny fluid on my '04 wrx and that was the easy part. I had trouble ...

high idle

i decided to change my tranny fluid on my '04 wrx and that was the easy part. I had trouble putting my TurboXS back on and think i might even have a boost leak but not sure.

my problem now is that my idle is close to 2k when car is just sitting. When i went for a ride i went in to boost and after i went from third to fourth gear rpms surged

any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check your throttle body cable, especially for the cruise control. It may be pinched.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

what am i looking for? cables look ok i guess

I Support ClubWRX
    Its hard to tell from that picture but while the car is running, try and push the throttle down and see if you hear it closed. Also while its off, see how much slack is on the line itself. If I remember correctly, my lines were about equal length and yours seems to be one is shorter and one is longer.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our featured brands

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. I would check vacuum hoses, grab some throttle body cleaner or brake clean and spray around.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

well looks like its the cruise control cable...if i push down idle goes back under 1k. I think i also have a vac leak as i got the overboost code last night. I'll have to check all lines to make sure i did not tear one.

I Support ClubWRX
    There you go
    Our featured brands