need A/C help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on need A/C help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so my A/C works fine but its not really cold so i decide to add more freon, and now when ...

Unhappy need A/C help

so my A/C works fine but its not really cold so i decide to add more freon, and now when i try to turn it on, my ac the compressor turns on and starts to squeak then shuts off then back on like if its seizing up did i add to much freon or what
    I NEED HELP PLEASE ITS HOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    You could have a bad seal in one of the lines, or your compressor could be going out.

Best bet would be to buy a gauge and check the pressure.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a manifold gauge?How did you know how much R134a to add?

If you have to add refrigerant,means that you have a leak.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 08-03-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

help!

i just used one of those gauges from autozone, and my ac wasnt really cold so i put some freon to see if that would help but before that it never did that...... and if i did put to much how can i take some of it out.

Take it to a garage, they have a recovery machine and will make sure you have the proper amount of r134. After you know you have the correct amount, you are going to have to get a set of manifold gauges in order to diagnose the problem. If I were you, I'd let a professional handle it.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

yeah i will have to do that hopefully i didnt mess it up

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywagon1002 View Post
    yeah i will have to do that hopefully i didnt mess it up
    I'm sure it's fine you just need to get to the root of the problem, it takes a little problem solving
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

well idk what the problem was but ive been using my ac and it hasnt been giving me any problems, hopefully it stays like that, thanks for everyones help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.