Fuel pump problem...HELP

This is a discussion on Fuel pump problem...HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whats up guys i got an o4 wrx tbe intake with a new 2.0 motor from the dealer with less ...

Fuel pump problem...HELP

Whats up guys i got an o4 wrx tbe intake with a new 2.0 motor from the dealer with less than a 1000 miles on it. I went to get my tire replaced and my car drove there fine but when i went to start it to leave it sounded like it was not getting any gas so i listened to see if the fuel pump was workin and it wasnt so i went out got another fuel pump from a junkyard that had another subie there and they pulled it for me but once i changed it still no priming from the pump, changed the relay tested the fuel pump and it worked when i connect it from the battery so i am lost at this point and i need to get it working by today to go to work in the am. So plz if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First you have to find out if you're getting power to the pump. If you are, the pump is bad. If no power to the pump, work your way back from there. Make sure the fuses are good.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

i am getting power to the harness but only on one wire i checked the ign fuse and its good then i proceeded to check them all even the ones under the hood and they are good my check engine light came on could that be the problem maybe it put my ecu in limp mode be cause i ran a 12v wire and a ground to check the pump itself on the harness and when i connect them both i heard the motor kick on in the tank. The only thing i can think of is that the ecu is in limp mode and not sending the right voltage. i am just thinking i can just find a switched 12v source and hardwire it to the harness so the pump can kick on until i get it fixed. What do you think?