Turbo Timer not working
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer not working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, So I'm having issues with my turbo timer as well as other electric aspects of my car. My ...

Turbo Timer not working

Hey everyone,

So I'm having issues with my turbo timer as well as other electric aspects of my car. My turbo timer no longer keeps the car running even when it's turned on. Also, when I turn my car all the way off, the clock and radio are still on. Furthermore, the green ring around the ignition stays on. And then my alarm decides to go off at random times even when nothing is around it. It's such a pain and I have no idea what may be causing this. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    First thing I would do is remove the turbo timer. There's no need for it, and being that it is the odd component in your electrical system, chances are it is what's causing the problem.

It was working fine before though o_o. I had work done on my car however.

What did you have done? (I would still remove the TT)

I had a spark plug socket replaced and 4 new spark plugs put in.

New coilpack? Then I would check/clean the grounds around the area that was worked on.. it actually wouldn't hurt to clean all the grounds in the engine bay. Do you have a DMM? It might be a good idea to check your voltage. It should be around 12v with the engine off and 13.4v-14.4v while running.

Yeah, new coilpack. Mm yeah, what should I clean the area with? And no I don't have a DMM. But I know someone who does.

My battery is from Costco.. LOL.

Remove the turbo timer, they are worthless on water cooled turbos... clean the ground areas with a wire brush and some electrical cleaner... You can get a multi meter from Harbor Freight tools for less then $10, a good investment for the DIY garage mechanics...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely remove it this weekend and invest in a a multi meter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.