2009 WRX With P0011 code

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX With P0011 code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I was driving home from work last night and my check engine light and traction control light came on ...

2009 WRX With P0011 code

Hello, I was driving home from work last night and my check engine light and traction control light came on steady, also the cruise control light was flashing. I had a AEM CAI and forge motorsports bov installed with no ecu tune and had just done an oil change within 150 miles ( mobile one 5w30). I got home and swapped everything back to stock and the light came back on on my way to the dealership. I stopped at advanced auto and had the code read as P0011 cam position, timing over-advance. Could this have been caused by the aftermarket parts? I just received my accessport in the mail the same day I had my lights come on and have not had the chance to install it. The car has 16,000 miles on it and the aftermarket parts have been installed aprox. 2,500 miles. Any help from the Subaru gurus?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe but I doubt it. Did you reset the ECU after fixing the problems with the parts?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No

I didn't reset the ecu but I brought it to the dealership and they said it was the cam position sensor. They replaced it and I picked it up today, again all the lights came on again on my way home.... Back to the dealership in the AM I guess