Strange squeaking coming from right front wheel area

This is a discussion on Strange squeaking coming from right front wheel area within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm getting a weird squeaking/creaking noise coming from my front/passenger-side wheel well area. Seems to happen anytime I might hit ...

Strange squeaking coming from right front wheel area

I'm getting a weird squeaking/creaking noise coming from my front/passenger-side wheel well area. Seems to happen anytime I might hit a bump or if I stand on that side of the car and push it down. Sounds like a strut or something, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year/model is the vehicle? How many miles are on it? Does a squeak describe it the best or is it more of a clunk when you hit a bump? Does the noise occur when you are driving straight down a smooth road? Does it matter whether the vehicle is in gear or not?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    what year/model is the vehicle? How many miles are on it? Does a squeak describe it the best or is it more of a clunk when you hit a bump? Does the noise occur when you are driving straight down a smooth road? Does it matter whether the vehicle is in gear or not?
    2002 WRX with about 130,000 miles. Definitely not a clunk, it sounds more like squeaky bed springs bouncing. Doesn't seem to matter how I'm driving or on what although I think the bouncing from a bumpy road or a curb or whatever is what makes it occur.