Blown Head Gasket???

This is a discussion on Blown Head Gasket??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I barely bought my car last week and out of no where white smoke started coming out of ...

Blown Head Gasket???

Ok so I barely bought my car last week and out of no where white smoke started coming out of my exhaust. The car is stock besides a magnaflow exhaust. I've checked the oil and coolant looks fine, the car isn't over heating. I noticed that it doesn't throw out smoke every time though its only sometimes. What could be the problem???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For water:
    The weather.
    A head gasket.
    A water gasket somewhere along the intake or throttle.
    The turbo.

For oil:
    A ring.
    A valve seal.
    The turbo.

The cheapest of these is the weather but it's also the one you can't fix. The rest are all bad news.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

So basically im screwed... O yea i forgot to mention that there is also water coming from my exhaust not alot but you can see it

I Support ClubWRX
    I never said you are screwed. The water coming from the exhaust is in fact a potentially good sign. It can explain white puffs and is possibly due to the weather...

If you are concerned it is not condensation you are seeing, pressure test the cooling system and if ok then maybe even compression test the motor. There are also exhaust gas analyses.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-12-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yea hopefully its just the weather. well thanks for the info i am gonna get it checked out thursday and I will post the results