A/c Help

This is a discussion on A/c Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Bought the car in May, the A/C didnt work. I tried to recharge it once, didnt seem to ever get ...

A/c Help

Bought the car in May, the A/C didnt work. I tried to recharge it once, didnt seem to ever get pressure on the gauge. Well a couple days ago, i tried again with a different brand that had a sealant in it (or so the labels says lol). Didnt use a gauge, but it was a small canister, put all of it in. Last 2 days, the A/C has been working kinda. It blows cold ish. Is there anything i can add to make it colder, or perhaps it just needs more r134a?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If it has ever needed more refrigerant it has a leak.

Get gauges on it and see what's really going on. I would not mess with the system if I did not have a way of measuring pressures, but that's just me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If it has ever needed more refrigerant it has a leak.
    ^^^this.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

a/c sealant is junk, really.

If oyu can find stuff with leak detection dye (and ONLY leak detection dye), put that in, and find the leak (the leak also might look wet if it's bad enough). It's probably an o-ring or smth. Bring your system down to 0 pressure (a shop can help you with this), fix the problem, let a shop refill it.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

it rained today, so temps outside were down. AC blew pretty cold. I have a gauge at my parents house, ill check out whats going on next time i go to WR.