first time doing spark plugs

This is a discussion on first time doing spark plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well recently bought a '04 wrx with a few mods and decided to change out the spark plugs. it took ...

first time doing spark plugs

well recently bought a '04 wrx with a few mods and decided to change out the spark plugs.

it took me a little more then two hours

heres a pic of old one i just pulled...do these show sign of any engine trouble or are these normal looking for a car with 85k miles on them?

mods
    vf34 turbo
    turboxs tmic
    perrin inlet hose
    bigger injectors
    bigger fuel pump
    uppipe
    turbo xs stealth exhaust
    utec

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    They look a little on the light side to me (lean condition). But if your AFRs were good when the car was tuned it should be fine.

compared to the thousands of plugs Ive put in Subarus they look pretty normal to me...

I Support ClubWRX
    So 85k on these plugs or is that total for the motor? How many miles on the plugs specifically?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    So 85k on these plugs or is that total for the motor? How many miles on the plugs specifically?
    They were put in at 15k miles. Big difference after new plugs. Car drives a lot smoother!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lospecv View Post
    heres a pic of old one i just pulled...do these show sign of any engine trouble or are these normal looking for a car with 85k miles on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by lospecv View Post
    They were put in at 15k miles. Big difference after new plugs. Car drives a lot smoother!
    Sorry I don't follow.

How many miles do the plugs have?.

From the responses, it seems to be either 85K, 60K, or 15K.

Which is it?

Thanks.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sorry I don't follow.

How many miles do the plugs have?.

From the responses, it seems to be either 85K, 60K, or 15K.

Which is it?

Thanks.
    my bad...
    car has 85k
    old denso plugs have 70k miles

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, OK, they do look normal then.