misc block questions...

This is a discussion on misc block questions... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so heres the situation, i have a 2003 2.5 RS. it is an automatic, i would like to make ...

misc block questions...

ok so heres the situation, i have a 2003 2.5 RS. it is an automatic, i would like to make it a manual, off hand does anyone know exactly what parts i would need to complete this task? and if it would be acceptable to hit up the local junkyards because ive gotten parts for my previous cars there but nothing along the lines of a tranny....im also looking into doing an STI swap down the road (being that my car is already a 2.5 L) so if i got a six speed tranny and all, should i look into anything else while im putting that in to save some time when i get around to the swap? if so what parts and how much am i looking at with all this? and will me and a couple of friends be able to do this, because there arent too many reputible mechanics around by me, and approx how long should it take cuz if more than a day or so i have to make arrangements to schedule off of work (i know thats lame but whatevs)
    thanks in advance guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It will be cheaper and much easier to sell your car and buy a STi.

Time wise, you're looking at several weeks worth of work.. money wise, I dunno, $15,000?

I Support ClubWRX
    Seconded - I'd sell the car and buy one I want. Adding the lost time and effort and expenses, it's just not worth it IMO. If the car you wanted were not available, then that's another story -- but it generally is. Just buy that instead.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Not to mention with so much modification you will be opening the door to all kinds of reliability problems.

alright then sounds good to me, the only thing i dont wanna do is trede it in right away because the dealers are only offering me like 5 grand and thats **** towards an STI...i have a injen intake in it, carbon fiber bumpers as well as the trunk and wing, and an xplod full system...what do you guys think i should ask for it? trade in is a last resort...and thanks for the info btw

I Support ClubWRX
    Check blue book values. You could be better off selling the car with the correct parts on and the aftermarket stuff separately.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.