Trying To Find Some Understaning...

This is a discussion on Trying To Find Some Understaning... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So yesterday I replaced the brake pads for the two front tires. I went to autozone, they looked up the ...

Trying To Find Some Understaning...

So yesterday I replaced the brake pads for the two front tires. I went to autozone, they looked up the part number for a 2004 wrx, got me the appropriate brakes, and I was on my way. As I was replacing the first set of pads, I noticed the pads I bought didn't match up with the ones I had on my car. Not to mention the ones I bought didn't fit my car.
    I went back to autozone to replace them. They didn't get the part number wrong. So he started pulling different year brake pads to compare. When he found the right ones, they were for a 2001 impreza. For my 2004 wrx. So I'm lead to believe the owner before me changed out the calipers? Or am I just crazy?
    Just a wierd story I thought I'd share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, no offense to autozone...but it is autozone.

I did some searching on the front brake pads and looks like the 2001 and before are different than 2002+, 2002 is the new body style (bugeyes) just for reference.

So I would go with, they are different.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Thats what I thought. But I looked up the part number and the ones I got matched up. I guess I'm just trying to understand why somebody would go to the lengths of switching out the calipers.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyImDave View Post
    Thats what I thought. But I looked up the part number and the ones I got matched up. I guess I'm just trying to understand why somebody would go to the lengths of switching out the calipers.
    Its possible that auto zone has packed the wrong calipers in the wrong box. I've seen in retail stores them take out parts and lazily put them back in whatever. It wouldn't surprise me.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED