questions about my subie

This is a discussion on questions about my subie within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey everyone, this is my first post and im just gunna put it out there that im a total noob. ...

questions about my subie

hey everyone, this is my first post and im just gunna put it out there that im a total noob. so my neighbor recently left for the military and gave me his 2003 2.5 RS as a graduation present, i would like to know how often i should stay on top of the brakes, oil etc...and also what upgrades i can do (interior and exterior) that you guys would recomend. i intend on making the car track ready so i can go hang with my friends at our local raceway. it is currently auto (which sucks) but because it's a 2.5 L i could do an STI swap correct? if so what parts would i need and what will the damage ($$$) most likely look like?
    thanks in advance everyone!

P.S ive been checking local junkyards trying to get a hold on an STI motor and drivetrain. one place has it but needs to check with the owner first...if so, go for it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh and the car is bone stock. Nothing aftermarket yet

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a nice graduation present! Did you at least give him a reach-around?

Change the brakes when they need changing. Pads last me ~30K miles. As long as the rotors look alright, change them every other pad change.

Do an oil change now, and again in 3K miles. Get a UOA done then to determine future interval length.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

sounds good to me, i did the oil change yesterday and just picked up Wagner thermo quiet pads to put on when i get a free hour or two, the rotors i believe were just changed cuz they feel brand new so ill swap them next time...thanks for the advice!