doing a maintenance tune up on my car - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on doing a maintenance tune up on my car within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Bumped into a small problem. The spark plugs I bought are NOT pregap. I have the tool to gap them ...

Bumped into a small problem. The spark plugs I bought are NOT pregap. I have the tool to gap them but don't know how much to gap em. Dose anyone know...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im trying to figure out if Full synthetic Valvoline Is good transmission oil. I was told by my brothers buddy that full synthetic is not good and it messed up his trani because it's too slick and it would slip the gears. I want to know if this is accurate information or he docent know what he is talking about. I personally don't believe him.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Since our transmissions are syncromesh you do need a certain amount of friction to line up the gears. Certain friction modifiers will make it harder to shift quickly. When I used Red Line synthetic there was a version of the synthetic that was specific for syncromesh transmissions that did not have the friction modifiers.

You should check with Valvoline if that oil is designed to be used with syncros. BTW, I only used one quart of the syncro oil and the rest I filled up with regular synthetic and it worked great.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbroadway View Post
    Bumped into a small problem. The spark plugs I bought are NOT pregap. I have the tool to gap them but don't know how much to gap em. Dose anyone know...
    The gap is .028-.031 What plugs did you buy? Any Iridium/Platnium plug should be pregapped. Especially if you use the recommened NGK/Denso plugs.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I bought Ngk platinum. I thought they would be gap. Got them online, hope there not a knock off.

Dose anyone know...

Is Vavoline full synthetic bad for transmition ?!?

Not because of the brand but the full sunthetic part. Im woundering if the gears would slip and break. This is for self information. I already made up my mind and I'm not going to put that oil in my car. I'm adding "ENEOS".

Full synthetic can be fine, as long as it contains the correct friction modifiers for syncro mesh transmissions.

It couldn't cause the gears to slip and break, just takes the brass syncros longer to grab.

Ok thank bro.

After some research, it looks like Valvoline does not make a synthetic gear oil for use in syncromesh transmissions. They do make oil for syncromesh, but it is not synthetic.

I know Red Line, Amsoil, Royal Purple, and Subaru(and I think Penzoil) all make synthetic gear oil for syncromesh transmissions. I'm currently running Amsoil..

weird! i bought some, then returned it and bought ENEOS form this website a fellow member gave me.

http://www.kronosperformance.com/sto...ath=36_316_317

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12