BATTERY TOTALLY FLAT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on BATTERY TOTALLY FLAT within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza and left the lights on overnight. I had to open the car ...

BATTERY TOTALLY FLAT

Hey all,

I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza and left the lights on overnight. I had to open the car manually this morning...no alarm went off, no lights, totally nothing. Tried jump starting it for as long as I could before I had tae get to work but the same again...key turns but nothing there, no ignition, no lights on anywhere, no red alarm light....its like its totally dead. Can someone please help?
    Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is it a manual or automatic transmission? if its manual, have u tried jump starting it by pushing it and popping the clutch? if its auto...ull need a jump start from another car or call a tow truck. flag down a cop and see if the officer will jump start your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Digital View Post
    is it a manual or automatic transmission? if its manual, have u tried jump starting it by pushing it and popping the clutch?.
    Before you try that there still has to be enough power for the fuel pump to pressurise the system otherwise you're wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    Before you try that there still has to be enough power for the fuel pump to pressurise the system otherwise you're wasting your time.
    If the Red alarm LED won't turn on, then no there isn't enough power for the fuel pump. Sounds like it's time for a new battery.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Draining a battery too much will damage it. I would put the battery in question on a trickle charger over night, if it doesn't have a charge in the morning then it's time for a new one.

The battery is probably damaged.

Lead acid batteries don't like being full discharged. It affects their ability to hold the charge, even after they've been recharged.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.