Need Help with Power Loss!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need Help with Power Loss!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Club WRX.. I have a bugeye 02 wrx w/150,000 miles, with a 98 JDM STi Tranny, and today I ...

Unhappy Need Help with Power Loss!!

Hey Club WRX.. I have a bugeye 02 wrx w/150,000 miles, with a 98 JDM STi Tranny, and today I had some problems with my boost. When I went to get onto the freeway, as usual, I accelerated with confidence; however, when my boost reached 5psi I felt a loss of power until the boost hit 6spi then full power returned.
    I know that I am in need of plugs, basic tune-up, and timing belt. Also last week during one of the hotter days in SoCal, the check engine light came on, but before I had a chance to check, the light went off. I was wondering if this problem could be because of any of the maintanence that I need, or could my turbo, exhaust, or Transmission be taking a poop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want this to get any worse than it is. Thanks Derick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well its hard to say w/o the cel code... It could be your in need of a tune up or something else... Your timing belt should've been changed at 100K miles and your already halfway through what should've been the second one... What mods are you running?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Well its hard to say w/o the cel code... It could be your in need of a tune up or something else... Your timing belt should've been changed at 100K miles and your already halfway through what should've been the second one... What mods are you running?
    No mods, just the 98 Sti Jdm Tranny.. Could any of those be a reason for loss of power between 5 and 6psi in all gears?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.