Car Alarm keeps going off when i open door
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car Alarm keeps going off when i open door within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the security light in my 2004 wrx flashing really fast, and whenever i unlock the door and try to get ...

Car Alarm keeps going off when i open door

the security light in my 2004 wrx flashing really fast, and whenever i unlock the door and try to get in, the alarm goes off. i tried waiting untill it just turned off with the door open to start the car, but when i try to start it, the alarm just goes off again. i even just tried starting the car by remote, it just made the alarm go off again.
    any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

few options. are you locking your car with the fob and then unlocking it with your key, because that will trigger an alarm. also if you are looking to shut it off, put your key into the ignition and cycle it from off, to on, all the way, then back off 3 times. should shut it off, depending on the situation
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

"starting the car by remote" - this is probably your problem. You have an aftermarket alarm/remote start kit? It's probably not playing nicely with the stock alarm, or it's just not wired correctly.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    "starting the car by remote" - this is probably your problem. You have an aftermarket alarm/remote start kit? It's probably not playing nicely with the stock alarm, or it's just not wired correctly.
    I agree. Check your install. Stuff like that is easy to mess up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Rgw2kx View Post
    the security light in my 2004 wrx flashing really fast, and whenever i unlock the door and try to get in, the alarm goes off. i tried waiting untill it just turned off with the door open to start the car, but when i try to start it, the alarm just goes off again. i even just tried starting the car by remote, it just made the alarm go off again.
    any ideas?
    i have same problem and im googling. try this link
    My Blog here

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.