Outside Temperature Sensor location?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Outside Temperature Sensor location? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My digital outside temperature display in the center dash pod is lying to me. It keeps reading 81-82 degrees, when ...

I Support ClubWRX

Outside Temperature Sensor location?

My digital outside temperature display in the center dash pod is lying to me. It keeps reading 81-82 degrees, when its clearly much hotter than that. I believe there's something wrong with the sensor that provides input...? Anyone know where to find it so I can at least visually inspect it and possibly avoid a trip to the dealership. I couldn't find anything about it in the manual. Thanks!
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's mounted in front of the bottom edge of the radiator on the left side of the car. You can see it easily in the lower bumper opening.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks, man.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

KHP
    Keep in mind that the sensor is in a shade and not enclosed. So the temperature it displays is correct to the outside. The inside may feel hotter due to your interior soaking up heat and the green house effect.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Keep in mind that the sensor is in a shade and not enclosed. So the temperature it displays is correct to the outside. The inside may feel hotter due to your interior soaking up heat and the green house effect.
    True, but when its 98 degrees (verified by weather.com and me sweating my arse off), and it's saying it's 81, we have a problem.

Greg

Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.