missfire.. plz help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on missfire.. plz help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i hav a missfire on cyl 1,2,4.. can a bad cam sensor or a crank sensor be cousing this?? i ...

missfire.. plz help

i hav a missfire on cyl 1,2,4.. can a bad cam sensor or a crank sensor be cousing this?? i already went through a list dat was posted here before and nothing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If it was a bad cam or crank sensor you would be getting a CEL with a DTC. You could try wiping the faces of the sensor off. So you tried every single thing on that list?
    IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You might start by also posting your current modifications and year/model of Subaru.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

my car is a 2002 subaru impreza wrx wagon.. and its completly stock..yeah i tried everithing on the list but im going to go over it one more time today just to make sure..the car was running fine, i removed the intake to re move the tgv cuz it was stuck.. once i put everything back together started missfiring.... im going to check one last time through the LIST to see if i left out something

OK, right now im testing the coils.. wen i pull out the coils, groung them from their copper circle to the chasis with a wire, put the spark plug on top.. i crank the car and the spark goes to one side of the coil instead to the spark plug.. is this normal?? or the rubber boots r damage?? the boots look perfectly fine though..

Check the 2 large joint connectors between the battery and washer bottle, if they come unseated even a little bit they can cause misfires, I have seen this happen more than once...

ok.. let me check those connectors.. but are the coils supose to do that though??

ok i found out that coil pack for cyl 4 is completly dead.. i also runned a compression test and the results were cyl 3=150, cyl 1=80, cyl 2=140, cyl 4=80.. wat do u guys think??

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you tune for the tgv delete? Did you run a larger injector?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

the tgv is there.. it wasnt remove.. its working now.. the car is stock.. no large injectors

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you do the compression test correctly? Was that wet or dry? Did you do both? Did you do a leak down test?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

the way i did the compression test is dat i screw the compression gauge were the spark plug goes and disable the ignition and crank the car.... wats a dry test?? is it wen u put oil in the chamber? and wats a leak down test? vi would like to know, prob im doing it wrong

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.