flickering interior lights

This is a discussion on flickering interior lights within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey ya'll, brainstorming here my interior lights on the ceiling flicker everytime my "bass" hit. My system is stock the ...

flickering interior lights

hey ya'll, brainstorming here my interior lights on the ceiling flicker everytime my "bass" hit. My system is stock the higher the volume on the radio the more intense the flicker is. Honestly it looks like my car is a dance club sometimes. BUT im wondering/thinking its my alternator dont know if anyone elses vehilce did this or had this issue. Also my car once in a blue moon will take about 6-7 seconds to turn over. Any information would be helpful replacing the alternator wont be a problem i have the know how tools and money to do it soooo yea thats all i gotta say about that thanks
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The car is currently using more power than the alternator can crank out, it's a good way to ruin an alternator or battery. Go have your charging system and battery checked at Autozone or Checker Auto (O'Reilly), pretty sure at least Autozone does free checks still.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

right on ima pull the wagon into my shop today we're SOOO slow, gives me time to check out little things on my car and i get to do my timing belt this weekend i got about 150 mi. till i hit 100k i figured its aboot time for that appreciate the answer i just like to hear that im heading in the right direction on this
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

my car does the same thing. i have an 02 wrx wagon. i installed a new red top, hoping that it would cure the flickering, but no luck so far. my alternator hasn't been replaced ever as far as I know. Let me know if the alternator fix helps.
    "if you are going to tell someone the truth you had better make them laugh otherwise they'll kill you" - George Bernard Shaw.
    Bugeye Mafia #214
    Dirty Crew #42

Not to drag up another old topic but I recently installed an alternator from a 05 STi in my wagon and the voltmeter gauge sits pretty at 14v all day unless i've got my radio blasting and my heat blowing as well as my rear defrost on, then it sits at 13.8.
    "if you are going to tell someone the truth you had better make them laugh otherwise they'll kill you" - George Bernard Shaw.
    Bugeye Mafia #214
    Dirty Crew #42