02' WRX Some Problems

This is a discussion on 02' WRX Some Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay first when i got my car aligned they said the rack and pinion is a leaking, so i let ...

02' WRX Some Problems

Okay first when i got my car aligned they said the rack and pinion is a leaking, so i let the car **** a couple hours or longer nothing on the ground just as safety i put some lucas ps fluid plus stop leak, and i monitor the fluid level nothing has changed same for the last 3 days or more.

Second when i shift into first and start to go and let the clutch out when im out pretty much it makes a noise that sounds like to little metal bars hitting each other i had a friend drive and looked under the car and nothing hitting the ground so thats another problem.

Third when in first or second at low rpms it jerks a little.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You are not actually asking anything but here goes:

1. Find the leak and fix it.

2. Sounds like a clutch throw out bearing but if you are extremely lucky plus inaccurate at describing the problem it could be a heat shield. Unlikely though unfortunately.

3. Unknown. Give it more gas.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    For 2. does it make the noise only when pulling off? Does it make the noise when the car is standing still with your foot OFF the clutch?
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

for number 2 its only when im pulling off

I Support ClubWRX
    OK then I'm a bit stumped. I had a car do that when the clutch was worn, sounded like a screech when pulling off in 1st. Other than that I don't know.

Not a screech like two sticks hitting each other I'll video it it's been working fine so I might have my super hearing activated haha