2004 STI wont start, cranks over but wont fire, gauges wont turn on either?

This is a discussion on 2004 STI wont start, cranks over but wont fire, gauges wont turn on either? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I started my car last night, let it run for about 2 min and then it just shut off. I ...

2004 STI wont start, cranks over but wont fire, gauges wont turn on either?

I started my car last night, let it run for about 2 min and then it just shut off. I tried to start it again bt wouldn't start. Also when I tried turning it on again the gauges didn't flick around and go back to zero and stay on as they normally would. The more times I tried starting it the less the gauges would come on, until they wouldn't at all. Last, once I turned the key off I hear a single beep from my alarm which has never been heard before.. Does anyone know what couldve happened to it??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It sounds like your battery is dead, and your alternator may be dead as well. That would explain why it died after starting.

Check all your electrical connections to the battery and fuses to the starter. Try jumping the battery and see if you can start it.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

No. See the starter is turning over bt I'm not getting power to the car, none to the windows and dash won't turn on at all. So I'm not sure if its the alternator or battery..

Time for a new battery.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Like I said, check all the fuses and battery connections, then try to jump start it. This definitely sounds like a battery issue, especially since you noticed the power gradually fade on your gauges.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Ok I'll test all of this and see what i can find

If a new battery doesnt solve your issue, I have seen some keys which are chipped ( like your STi) cause some problems like this before. I have ran into this twice, once on a Forester and once on an STi...