good gas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on good gas? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I would say honestly, if I get better mileage with any gas, it's with the generic gas I buy right ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would say honestly, if I get better mileage with any gas, it's with the generic gas I buy right around the corner at Martin Eagle Oil Company. Although they mix their own gas there.. and it's the only place that sells either e85 or natural gas for at least 30 miles around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I sometimes feel the car hesitate on some fill ups, but it could be shell gas or any other kind and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I would say honestly, if I get better mileage with any gas, it's with the generic gas I buy right around the corner at Martin Eagle Oil Company. Although they mix their own gas there.. and it's the only place that sells either e85 or natural gas for at least 30 miles around.
    I would love to see what a built motor could do running CLNG... that stuff has an insane octane rating. I wonder if anyone has tried to do that yet?
    2007 SWP WRX - Blouch EVO III 16g'd - 320 WHP/330 TQ, tuned by Jorge @ P&L Motorsports
    --------- &
    2002 WRX Wagon - The DD, the workhorse, the snowboard-trip-whip, the turbo grocery getter

Always remember... life is short.

I like Shell solely because they brought this commercial into our world...

YouTube - Shell - Ferrari commercial

Otherwise, it's all the same. I usually buy the cheapest station I can find on the GasBuddy app.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSweet View Post
    I would love to see what a built motor could do running CLNG... that stuff has an insane octane rating. I wonder if anyone has tried to do that yet?
    Are you referring to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) or Liquified Natural Gas (LNG)? They're not the same thing For passenger vehicles, you're going to want to use CNG since LNG requires refrigeration. CNG has an octane rating of 130. I work in the CNG industry, so I know a thing or two about it, and even wrote a proposal to build a GTR race car powered by CNG:

CNG-powered Nissan GTR? WorldCNG can do it! | WorldCNG
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Are you referring to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) or Liquified Natural Gas (LNG)? They're not the same thing For passenger vehicles, you're going to want to use CNG since LNG requires refrigeration. CNG has an octane rating of 130. I work in the CNG industry, so I know a thing or two about it, and even wrote a proposal to build a GTR race car powered by CNG:

CNG-powered Nissan GTR? WorldCNG can do it! | WorldCNG
    Now that is awesome

Thanks for the insight.
    2007 SWP WRX - Blouch EVO III 16g'd - 320 WHP/330 TQ, tuned by Jorge @ P&L Motorsports
    --------- &
    2002 WRX Wagon - The DD, the workhorse, the snowboard-trip-whip, the turbo grocery getter

Always remember... life is short.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12