Need windshield advice!!

This is a discussion on Need windshield advice!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi! i got to get my windshield replaced (long story) but i need to know what brand to look for ...

Need windshield advice!!

hi! i got to get my windshield replaced (long story) but i need to know what brand to look for or whats a good replacement. Is safelite, or going with the vendor your insurance co. works with a good idea? let me know please! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I went to safelite a couple years ago when they had a $250 windsheild replacement deal. Long story short I drove to Disneyland from Chicago got chip on the way. I had figured to get windshield repair as it was 1/4in crack; however by the time I got to Florida it was 50 degrees warmer and the crack grew to 10 inches way above the windshield fix limit. It will be cheaper if they are able to reuse your window gaskets and trim. The guy told me they can save those items 60% of the time. I have never had a complaint about the windshield going on 3 years.
    Keep the pointy end forward

I Support ClubWRX
    Call around locally and see what's available. I paid less than $200 for mine on two different cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

my insurance covers everything. is there a certain brand that i shud be looking for or they do a good job. also my insurance co said that i could get it fixed myself and send them the bill that can be reimbursed. whats best? thanks a lot

safelite is nationwide, and they offer a great lifetime guarantee. the prices they quote you over the phone always include the price of the glass itself, the price of the urethane kit, mouldings, labor, and glass clean up, and that is what they charge you. generally, the prices for safelite are usually less expesive than other vendors that i have worked with. if your insurance company is covering everything, you might as well either work with the vendor they recommend or use one that will give you a lifetime guarantee. generally, insurance companies have accounts with glass vendors so that they can pay the vendors directly and thus you can avoid having to exchange money with the vendor and wait for reimbursement.

I would NOT recommend re-using mouldings and gaskets due to the risk of wind noise and water getting into your car.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    Good experiences with Safelite here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

safelite's winning so far!