piston order
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on piston order within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wich one would be piston # 4 on a 2002 impreza wrx?...

piston order

wich one would be piston # 4 on a 2002 impreza wrx?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Driver side closest to firewall

Bumper
    ---------
    2 1
    4 3
    ---------
    Firewall
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Driver's side, rear
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

cool.. thanx.. how do u read the check engine light? its cuz my code reader is having trouble reading it and they told me i hav to plug and unplug some memory cables from that are on the bottom of the dashboard..wat cables r those?

What do you mean by having trouble? Does it not power up or is it not retrieving codes?
    Stink eye mob #727

it powers up but it keeps turning off.. and i cannot erase the codes.. as soon as i put the key fwd with out starting the car the check engine light its already blinking.. i dont know if this is normal

That is not normal, under the dashboard on the drivers side under the steering column there are two little green PDI connectors that are most likely plugged in, unplug them and your problem should be gone, these are used to put the car is diag. mode and that is how they are delivered to the dealer...

ooh, ok.. let me try it... thanx

ok, know i was succesfully able to retreive the codes.. this are the codes that it gave me.. p1507(Idle control system malfunction (fail-safe) and p1093 (Tumble generator valve #2 (LH) malfunction (stuck close).. the engine idle really bad.. whaT do u guys think is causing this?

It is a possibility that one could trigger the other, chances are you might need a TGV actuator, however I dont want to make any guess's... If I where you I would clear both codes and see which one comes back first....

OK.. i did and it was the 1507 that came first.. wheres the tgv actuator??

If you're saying the engine idles bad, I would guess that the TGV is stuck shut. More than likely the motor is bad and not opening the TGV. They are on the intake runners.
    Stink eye mob #727

so i hav to remove the intake first, right?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.