Please help car stuck in limp mode
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Please help car stuck in limp mode within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just want to say thanks in advance. I have an 06 sti with the cobb stage 2 package. This ...

Please help car stuck in limp mode

I just want to say thanks in advance. I have an 06 sti with the cobb stage 2 package. This problem has happened before to a small degree sometimes the car would go into limp mode and it would give codes referring to the throttle/pedal sensor. All I would have to do is reset the ecu and the car would run fine again and it didn't happen often at all. It ran fine through the entire winter with no problems. Now its getting warmer out and the problems are back. In the morning I wouldn't have any problems with the car but after work and the car has been sitting in the sun all day it would start doing it again. This time resetting the ecu did not help and I had to get it towed home. Its giving many more codes this time (P0122, P0107, P0222, P2127, P2021, P2016) and it seems that all the codes have to do with sensors saying "circuit low input". The car didn't start easily after that I had to crank it for a long time and after it would start the rpm would stay around 900 - 1100 jumping up and down. The gas pedal has no response and the cruise light is blinking. I was hoping someone could give me an idea to what the problem may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a ground issue to me. With weather warming up, the connections are more likely to loosen up, as well as the metal that keeps these connections in place. Unfortunately, you're going to have a lot of wire tracing to do to find this bad connection. Check your main battery ground to make sure it's secured to the chassis, then move on to other grounds both in engine bay and in the cabin. Good luck dude.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I don't know if this will make a difference but I let the car sit overnight and it started just fine today so i decided to let it warm up and see if it would do the same thing. After letting it run for awhile it didn't do anything. I push the I/C water spray and it started acting up again. This time it gave an extra code P0452 another sensor saying low input. Is there is one harness that all those sensors go to or could it just be a random ground somewhere?

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the intake manifold grounds and the throttlebody connection. PO452 is an EVAP code for the tank pressure sensor. Either the sensor has an issue or maybe the gas cap.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.