A/C issue,

This is a discussion on A/C issue, within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok i have a 02 impreza out back sport wagon, my issue is i am not getting any cold air, ...

A/C issue,

ok i have a 02 impreza out back sport wagon, my issue is i am not getting any cold air, i have tryed a bunch of things to try to figure out whats wrong and nothings worked,

here is what i have covered so far,

the a/c switch is working i tested that,
    the fans turn on when you click the a/c switch,
    i jumped the low pressure switch.
    i tryed replacing a/c relay
    the relay isnt getting power to the activation wire, but if you jump it to the power it will activate the a/c clutch, and blow cold,

thanks for your help,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If I understood your post correctly you've excluded the relay, pressure switch, clutch, belt, and main switch. The only other thing I can think of is the expansion valve in the dash?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomini View Post
    ok i have a 02 impreza out back sport wagon, my issue is i am not getting any cold air, i have tryed a bunch of things to try to figure out whats wrong and nothings worked,

here is what i have covered so far,

the a/c switch is working i tested that,
    the fans turn on when you click the a/c switch,
    i jumped the low pressure switch.
    i tryed replacing a/c relay
    the relay isnt getting power to the activation wire, but if you jump it to the power it will activate the a/c clutch, and blow cold,

thanks for your help,
    I'm confused. You pretty much answered your own question. If replacing the relay didn't work, and jumping it did, you must have a short before your relay. If not I must be misunderstanding your post. Hope this helps.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

well unless there is a sensor thats not letting it turn the relay on or if there is a climate control computer or a temp switch to tell it to turn the clutch on or off, does anyone have a a/c system diagram?

well i got the answer i was looking for. had to go to a 80's fwd mopar forum to get it lol