Getting a whistle sound when depressing the clutch (first cold morning start only) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Getting a whistle sound when depressing the clutch (first cold morning start only) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Glad I am not alone. I have not had a chance to take it in and leave it overnight so ...

Glad I am not alone. I have not had a chance to take it in and leave it overnight so they can hear to fix it.

inf3cti0n did you ever get yours checked out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Was there anything that came of this? I'm starting to hear it in mine at 15k miles and haven't found any posts where it was fixed. Everything else seems fine though.Thanks.

my 08 wrx is making the same sound too. at 43K km.

Quote Originally Posted by philipho View Post
    my 08 wrx is making the same sound too. at 43K km.
    well 2 days after i made this post the sound got worse. i drove it to the workshop yesterday morning just to check and the car stalled right when it reached. The mechanic took the clutch out and showed me the throw out bearing, it completely failed. none of the bearings are there anymore, basically that thing disintegrated. I was lucky as the bearing completely failed just when i reached the workshop, anymore driving might cause more damage to the flywheel or even the transmission casing.

an advice to those who hear this 'whining' sound when the clutch is depressed, get it check out. the mechanic told me the 2008+ models' throw out bearing is very prone to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Hey everyone,

Perhaps someone can figure this out or knows what's up. Every cold start (only first start in the morning) my car whistles at the clutch catch point until the car warms up. Once warm no more sound. At first I thought it was the throw out bearing, but the sound is only in the morning, and also only when the weather is colder than 60 degrees.

The car is a 2011 WRX Hatch with SPT CBE, Rear endlinks/swaybar. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hooman
    Same thing going on with my 08 wrx. But every time i bring it to the dealer, the noise disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by theMan View Post
    Same thing going on with my 08 wrx. But every time i bring it to the dealer, the noise disappears.
    If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Consequently...if a fat chick falls in the woods, do the trees laugh?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Bumping an old post but my 2011 WRX started making this same exact noise today. I'm wondering if anyone figured out what was causing it? I had my throw out bearing/clutch replaced under warranty a few months ago and I'm wondering if my throw out bearing is going bad again...

Hm I used to have this noise but I haven't had it in a looong time. If I remember right, I only seemed to hear it on pretty cold mornings and it would go away as the car warmed up. I never took it to the dealer and I'm at 32k miles now, no issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12