Any help before i give in and go to a shop? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Any help before i give in and go to a shop? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; dammit i logged the wrong manifold pressure...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    dammit i logged the wrong manifold pressure
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would also ditch a couple of those parameters that aren't really giving you any data. It will poll faster the less things you are logging.

I just went by what Donkey asked for but can adjust. Here is a log with the proper manifold pressure being logged.

Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Those parameters are needed to see exactly what going on in this particular situation. I can only think if nothing has changed parts wise then either you still have a boost leak or a pre-turbo exhaust leak. You should have been easily hitting 17psi by 3000rpm WOT. The ECU is maxing out your wgdc trying to hit the target boost levels. To see if there is a boost control issue you could try removing the hose from the wastegate actuator,plug the vac line and go for a quick WOT drive. Now be VERY carefull!! Watch you boost! The minute you hit 17-18 psi stop. Technically the only thing controlling your boost right now is your right foot and the boost limiter. So if you are able to hit target boost then you know the issue is the either the solenoid or vac lines. If not then you need to look at a boost leak or pre turbo exhaust leak.
    Last edited by Donkey; 06-15-2011 at 07:30 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks guys. Being as I leave for Belize Saturday and am thinking about selling my car to buy an STI that i found and the guy is willing to wait I have it going to my tuner friday to take a look. After getting it fixed I am hopefully going to look at this STI and make the guy an offer if he will wait a month for me to get back (hasnt even listed the car yet, was going to trade it in). If he is good with it my car is losing a few parts that i can bolt onto an 04 STI (exhaust, engine bay goodies, wheels etc, etc) and my friend is going to help sell it while im gone. If all goes well I will have a bugeye in good shape to sell and an STI waiting for me. Its simply a deal i cant pass up if i can make it happen. Would only add 1 year to my loan at the same payments. Either that or my car will be running good again and I'll have to wait a while to get an STI
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

ITS FIXED!!!! Its been a while since I was in Belize for 4 weeks but since I have been home I finally got a day to mess with it. Swapped the BCS...no luck. So I went and bought 10 ft (a lot of extra) of 5/32nd vacuum hose (no one has 3.5mm) and replaced all of the lines that connect the BCS to the inlet and the turbo except for the short one with the pill in it and somewhere in that system was the problem because I'm now back at 18 psi. Hopefully some quick datalogging to come so i can compare the numbers
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Oh and the STI was junk so thats a no go. Had a flashing CEL and Cruise control light that the guy hasn't fixed in 2 years! Forget that, Bugeye for life
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.