Wastegate Problems?

This is a discussion on Wastegate Problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay so hears the deal i cant figure out what is going on with my car. its a 2002 WRX ...

Wastegate Problems?

Okay so hears the deal i cant figure out what is going on with my car. its a 2002 WRX with a Turbo back exhaust everything else is stock, when i try to drive it the second i go over 1500rpm the car just looses all power and studders and doesn't want to move at all. i thought it was a boost problem but all hoses checked good, is it possible that my Waste gate Actuator is broken and wont open and close? the car has absolutely no power its almost impossible to hit 4 PSI and if the gas pedal goes anywhere near the floor the car just studders and feel like its going to shut out on me...any ideas on what it is and how i could fix it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Has nothing to do with the wastegate actuator. So it doesn't have a CEL? And this started happening when?

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...-question.html
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

It just randomly started happening on my way home from work about 3 weeks ago and the problem wont stop. I do have a CEL light and the code is just telling me my O2 sensor is at a low threshold but i figured that was just because im running a turbo back with no Cat.