dealer costs

This is a discussion on dealer costs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got quoted on my 02 wrx as to the service needed to repair. Here it is let me ...

dealer costs

I just got quoted on my 02 wrx as to the service needed to repair. Here it is let me know if these prices are legit. Thanks:

Clutch plus install 1650.
    right front inner boot 150.
    Belt 65.
    Battery...
    Total=~2040.

Does this seem like alot for the clutch install?

Also If were to drop a 02 wrx 1.5" front and rear and place 18"wheels on it would there be a spacing problem?
    Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds about normal for a dealership but a lot of that clutch cost is the actual oem clutch/throwout bearing/pressure plate, oem parts=expensive. All those things can be done by a reputable subaru tuner shop with cheaper (not necessarily less quality) higher performance parts.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Yes, I used to work for the dealer up until a couple months ago, there labor rate was $125.00/hr and I work at Sunoco now at our labor rate is $80.00/hr, I would never have thought I would make almost double at a gas station compared to what I did at the dealer...haha