Code2 C0072 Yaw Rate Sensor -254 Communication,do i need to teach it propper english?

This is a discussion on Code2 C0072 Yaw Rate Sensor -254 Communication,do i need to teach it propper english? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If i could get some help with this issue it would be great thanks! also would be nice to know ...

Code2 C0072 Yaw Rate Sensor -254 Communication,do i need to teach it propper english?

If i could get some help with this issue it would be great thanks! also would be nice to know if it is "safe" to drive it around atm

So what happened was one morning going to work i started the car and heard a slightly louder than normal "boxer" sound i guess you could call it normal im not sure if this is normal or not does it sometimes when the engine is cold, as i started it the Check engine light, VCD light [ thats the car that has lines though it ] where on and stayed on and the curise controll light was flashing.

So i took it to a shop [ drove it to the shop ] and got the codes pulled and reset

Code 1 C0057 VCD control interruption because of engine insturctions [ I dont know if im right but i belive Yaw rate sensor would have disabled this ]
    Code 2 C0072 Yaw Rate Sensor -254 Communication

The mechanic said it was an eronious error and reset it, we started the car nothing and it was all fine i had lunch with the miss's and did some stuff and the very next morning exactly the same thing happened the same way on the start sounding louder than normal for about 4 seconds then all is fine.

im not sure if i should be driveing this around or start the $1000 dollar guessing game for what has gone wrong?

I love my rex aye any help would be good thanks.!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Go to the dealership. It's covered under your 5/60,000 mile warranty.

I doubt that this could cause any problems with your normal driving because the computer is disabling the VCD, but I'd get it in as soon as possible
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    From the Subaru Diagnostic Manual (dtc - diagnostic trouble code)

CHECK THE YAW RATE & G SENSOR.
    1) Erase the memory.
    2) Perform the inspection mode.
    3) Read the DTC.

Is the same DTC displayed?
    Yes:
    Perform the diagnosis according to DTC.

here's a huge list of little diagnostic things to be done such as reading voltages, etc. Let me know if you'd like the list of things to check. It's advisable to take your car to the dealer and let them deal with it.

While you have this trouble code you will not be able to use VDC, and your ABS will be disabled as well.
    Last edited by Sinister; 05-16-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Thanks for the reply to that, the car is out of waranty
    I'll take it to the dealership 2moz and hope its not going to cost the world i had a bad runin a while back heh.. never regained the trust

I Support ClubWRX
    what year is your car? VDC started in 2008... it's 2011.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

It is a 09 wrx, im in australia. Not sure if i would have a differnt version

I Support ClubWRX
    so why 2 years in are you out of warranty?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ