General maintenance: Wrx vs sti?

This is a discussion on General maintenance: Wrx vs sti? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; title says it all ....

General maintenance: Wrx vs sti?

title says it all .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would think it would be the exact same considering they're the same basic layout... ie AWD turbo 4cylinder cars... with the exception of tire replacement and maybe brakes...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    There are slight differences and I think a relatively significant difference in the timing belt change interval -- but I don't own both so am unsure. Also, parts costs are different and can be dramatically different depending on the expendable part in question, but what's money among friends?

To answer the OP's post - owner's manuals say it all.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'm looking into 2011's if the dealers can find one....I plan on having this car for 6+ years. I'd really like to get into an STI sedan, if at all possible. Many people say get used, but I need a warranty.

P.S. Thank you for your quick responses!

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you priced insurance on both?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'm actually still on my parents' insurance and including the 2007 MCS that I'm trading there are 7 cars.
    Last edited by jcap287; 05-15-2011 at 09:26 AM.

For the turbo engines it's all the same.

Maintenance Guide - Vehicle Maintenance - Subaru Canada