Advice Regarding Collision Repair

This is a discussion on Advice Regarding Collision Repair within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everybody, I am a new WRX owner as of this year: 2011 WRX hatchback. The vehicle has treated me ...

Advice Regarding Collision Repair

Hello everybody,

I am a new WRX owner as of this year: 2011 WRX hatchback. The vehicle has treated me well 'til I went through an intersection and somebody t-boned the passenger rear side. The person who hit me was accelerating from a stop and wasn't going too fast, and neither was I when I passed through the intersection.

The passenger rear wheel took the brunt of the impact with the rim being damaged beyond repair. The quarterpanel/bumper/tail light assembly are dented. I am going to the shop today to inspect the vehicle in-person on jack stands to see what else is afoot. I will try to attach a photo later.

In any case, I am wondering what advice the community can offer me in terms of looking for problem spots given the type of collision. What would you look for or be especially weary about? Is there anything special that I should be aware of with keeping everything under Subaru's warranty? I hear that the frame is in alright shape and won't require any work. At a mininum, I want to have the alignment checked pre-repair and post-repair to Subaru standards. The brake rotors, too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, welcome to the club; too bad the circumstances couldn't be better. Although, I don't have any answers for you, I am also interested in the responses, because I am paranoid I'll get hit myself. It's a jungle out there!
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Post a few pics of the damage.

I would thoroughly inspect all the suspension linkages and attachment points on that corner, wheel bearing, hub, and axle. These parts can be damaged in impacts that don't damage rims so you will definitely want to check them. Sorry about the accident and welcome.