Injector Leak
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Injector Leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently put in new injectors and about 2 weeks, but I recently needed to remove them due to some ...

Injector Leak

I recently put in new injectors and about 2 weeks, but I recently needed to remove them due to some bad fuel, upon re-installation, the injector for cylinder 2 was leaky, so I re-seated it and that fixed the problem. The next day, I encountered the same problem but with injector number 3, so instinctively I removed it and checked the o'ring for cracks and stuff, then put it back in, unfortunately this time it didn't solve anything. Next i'm gonna switch around the injectors on that side and see if that fixes anything. Also, the grommet that buffers the fuel rail and the injector was loose and would move a little, whereas the other injectors were not. Any help on the matter would be appreciated as this is getting quite frustrating. Thanks

And for mods, I just have a stock 2003 wrx.
    A.K.A. The Stig

"Some say, if he caught fire he would burn for 1000 days, and that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nurburgring....all we know is, he's called The Stig" - Top Gear

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And it's a leak from the top of the injector where it connects to the fuel rail
    A.K.A. The Stig

"Some say, if he caught fire he would burn for 1000 days, and that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nurburgring....all we know is, he's called The Stig" - Top Gear

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you bend the fuel rails when installing the injectors?

Like bend it so much that it may not be all the way over the injector? it could be a possibility because of the tight space around the fuel rail and injectors. It seemed to tighten down ok when I re-assembled it but I'll definitely check that.
    A.K.A. The Stig

alright, well it looks like the o'ring has a little bit of a pinch so i'm gonna replace that and it should be my fix
    A.K.A. The Stig

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    should have replaced the o-rings the first time around... never a bad idea to change gaskets/o-rings
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

+1, Alot of techs think its just reseat it and your good to go, personally if the car ignites due to tiny slit in an injector o-ring, I dont want to have to be the tech to go out to the customer and say...I have only replaced a few injectors but always change the o-rings, or the little rubber piece at the top of the injector...

yeah, i just did it to all four, it turns out they were all leaking the slightest bit. The o'ring that is on the injector is really only made to be put on once, and since the fuel rail and components are so close, I noticed that after pulling off and putting on the injectors multiple times, that the o'rings were all slightly pinched on one side allowing for a leak. So for anyone who may have this problem, mine was fixed by replacing the o'ring on the top of the injector after removing them for whatever you may be doing. hopefully that is a permanent fix, I'll update this post if I have any future problems with leaky injectors.
    A.K.A. The Stig

I Support ClubWRX
    You should always lubricate the o-rings when you install injectors. This keeps them from getting pinched,caught or pushed of the injector seat. Vasoline or motor oil works.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

^ Yes, I used bearing grease this time. It has a surprising amount of uses
    A.K.A. The Stig

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.