2003 WRX 6-CD Changer Issue

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX 6-CD Changer Issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I just bought my second WRX and everything works great on it except the 6 disc CD changer. When ...

2003 WRX 6-CD Changer Issue

So I just bought my second WRX and everything works great on it except the 6 disc CD changer. When I leave for work in the morning it will usually play for anywhere from 1 to 5 songs before the disc just stops playing then ejects the CD and switches to radio. No skipping or problems before this. Just 100% fine to 100% not working. Putting the CD back in won't help at all either as it will just eject again after a few seconds. Also, after work as of yet it has never worked at all. I've only had the car for a week so my sample size isn't that big but I don't understand why it always works for a while in the morning but not at all in the afternoon.

All of the CDs that I've tried so far have been burnt CDs as I don't even own a regular one anymore.

I had a Jazzy Engineering Ipod hookup in my last Rex and want to get one for this car as well but if I can't play a CD then there really is no point.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a similar issue with my 04 6 disc changer except mine wouldn't even play 1 track. It would just keep switching back to radio. Ultimately I had to bring in the radio to the dealership. They had to send it out to get refurbished. Took like two weeks to get back. Pretty crappy rides to work with no tunes.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

Most of the cd play issues in subarus are internal, unfortunately if even the dealer disassembles the unit, if the vehicle happens to be under warranty the warranty is void, I almost learned this the hard way, anyways If you are looking to get an ipod hookup anyway I would go aftermarket and get a decent head unit with the aux, ipod, and usb hookups, IMHO its completely worth it, I remember pricing the new units from the dealer, some are clarion, some are panasonic, anways it was something crazy like $830 for the part...def. not worth it....