Smell Of Fuel

This is a discussion on Smell Of Fuel within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all been long time no post in this section which is good till now. I have a subaru wrx ...

Smell Of Fuel

Hi all been long time no post in this section which is good till now. I have a subaru wrx 2001 and my problem is when im idling and i have the heater on i get a smell of fuel coming through and i mean really strong smell of fuel but when im driving with heater on its gone pls has any1 got any help for this please ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is a known issue in very cold weather where your fuel lines will leak slightly. Is it really cold in your part of the world right now?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

yes it sure is cold now but if i remember it even did it in the warmer days

There is a TSB out for this issue. Here in the states Subaru finally decided to address the problem. They are fixing it for free here, but the dealers aren't getting paid enough for the work so they rush the job. A lot of people then have more issues after the fix. Later if I can I will post a link to the TSB thread.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

take it to your subaru dealer they did mine for no cost at all