HELP ASAP!!! SILICONE INLET TUBE!!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on HELP ASAP!!! SILICONE INLET TUBE!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I haven't been running the pill......

I haven't been running the pill...
    "SCHIRRA~#16" HOLY *****'N A$$ CRACKERS!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well that idea goes out the window. Check the vacuum line running to your BOV. Pull it off, and plug it with your finger before starting. If you pull your finger off, and the engine sounds exactly the same, you have a leak between the BOV and the other end of that line. Honestly, at this point I can't do much more than think of things that MIGHT cause this. Roll the lines coming off the inlet and checking for cracks would be the final thing I would do before sleeping on it. This is quite the predicament.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I Support ClubWRX
    it sounds like it could be a MAF problem. That's the only major thing you would have been working with that could cause that. I do see that you have an Atmospheric BOV though. Did you cap the new turbo inlet?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you try pulling the battery cables off for a couple seconds and re-installing them to reset the ECU?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a check engine light?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Yes The turbo Inlet is pluged. And when I first put the intake on the maf was in backwards but its now facing the rite way and yes I took off the battery to do the ecu reset thing. But could trying to run the maf backwards damage it? no check engine light... Yea I'm going crazy tryn to figure this out!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    it could have skewed your readings, and you may have to reset the ECU once more.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I reset it again after that, but would this cause damage to the maf? or cause any other damge?

Ok listen to this!!!!!! I just got off the phone with my friend he told me to try and unplug the maf and try to run it... It starts and runs without the maf plugged in!!! so im guessing bad maf?????

Clean the MAF? If you've never done it, maybe it's just dirty as hell.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Thats what Im gona try going to autozone now for cleaner...

Get CRC industries MAF cleaner, it's FANTASTIC. 9 bucks a can or so at Autozone, and it gets the job done extremely well.

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05110-Mass.../dp/B000J19XSA
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

No good, I went and picked up a can of the CRC and it made a small change but I think the maf is shot..... and its like $130.00 at autozone for a new one... So Im just gona run it unplugged now for a few days untill I can go buy one.... God, My car treats me like a bad girlfriend! lol

If it's MAF related and it started happening immediately after install it's possible you pulled a wire out of the plug. Might not be readily apparent.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Already checked the wires and cleaned the plug.... I realy think that running it backawards or switching it to the new intake tube damaged it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.