Boost gauge working correctly? [VIDEO]

This is a discussion on Boost gauge working correctly? [VIDEO] within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, My dad has the Lamco boost gauge on his STI, and it seems to be measuring vacuum line pressure, ...

Boost gauge working correctly? [VIDEO]

Hey,
    My dad has the Lamco boost gauge on his STI, and it seems to be measuring vacuum line pressure, like on those old "fuel economy" gauges. Floor it, needle goes all the way up, light gas, it barely moves. Except when I'm in the boost zone, it seems like it's measuring correctly...ish

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=HPIM0885.mp4

Possibly NWS, I wasn't listening to what we were saying.

Try to ignore the arguing, and my sister's tendency to NOT watch the boost gauge and be really shaky. If you can get anything, and insight is really appreciated. If not, I can try to take another video. My understanding of boost and boost zones may be incorrect, so feel free to inform me on those as well.

Thanks!!
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You tell your sister to "grab it with both hands"

Much of the video appears to be in gears 1-3. With the sections I could see the gauge, I didn't notice oscillations. Do you have anywhere you can do a 4th gear pull (~30-100)? You don't have to get all the way to 100, but that will get the ECU in the proper load cells.

Also, what is target boost?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Oh lord.

and right about .1 mpa? Like the stock PSI for boost? That's the only term I can think of to describe the right amount of pressure
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItRoar
    Oh lord.
    I watched 4:45 worth of video; you expect me not to make a snide remark when you say something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItRoar
    and right about .1 mpa? Like the stock PSI for boost? That's the only term I can think of to describe the right amount of pressure
    That's about right for a stock STI
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC