05 WRX Is a pain to refuel, Pump clicks off almost instantly

This is a discussion on 05 WRX Is a pain to refuel, Pump clicks off almost instantly within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought an 05 WRX and everytime I go to fill up the pump nozzle shuts off almost immedietly. I ...

05 WRX Is a pain to refuel, Pump clicks off almost instantly

I bought an 05 WRX and everytime I go to fill up the pump nozzle shuts off almost immedietly. I have tried at least half a dozen pumps around town and they all do it. It sounds like fuel is bubbling up in the neck going to the tank. If I just slightly squeeze the handle I can get it to work, but it litterally takes me 20 min to fill up my car. If there is a discussion on this already and someone can point me in that direction that would be supurb! Any help would be appreciated this is driving me nuts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What kind of nozzles are they?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wow now I feel like a noob? Um. . . Normal ones at the gas station? haha Chevron and Phillips 66 are the two I use the most. Their fuel makes my car happy. They are the type that shut off when the tank is full if that helps.

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The only link that works out of the three is the p0447 code. I can't get the Fill 'er up link to work. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

I Support ClubWRX
    No I'm having the same problem and don't know why. I reported the post to the mods and hopefully the links can be sorted out.

At the back of the car there is a harness leading to a canister and fill tube. Check for obstructions.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot1457 View Post
    Wow now I feel like a noob? Um. . . Normal ones at the gas station? haha Chevron and Phillips 66 are the two I use the most. Their fuel makes my car happy. They are the type that shut off when the tank is full if that helps.

Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    p0447 code

But see this first:

Fill 'er up? NOT!!!

Thanks for the links. I'm hoping its just something stuck in there, I haven't thrown a code or anything. Ill let you guys know what I find. Thanks for the help!

Sorry for the dumb questions, im new to subaru. But i just pulled off the cover on the side of the evap canister that has the filter underneath, is that filter supposed to be wet? It doesn't smell like gas but it is wet and some water dripped out when i took the cover off

Ok i also dropped the whole canister and it feels like its full of water, and water is draining out? Normal?